Love Part VIIII: Self Love: Equality


What is Equality? The literal definition is, the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities. Let’s focus on ‘the state of being.’ I see ‘the state of being’ “anything” is something we do naturally. It is existing because we do. Now adding equal to that is ‘the state of being equal.’ Meaning to see ourselves as equal or treating ourselves as an equal. It starts with us, so it is a must that we see ourselves as equal to others. How we see or treat ourselves is our true power and control. Treating ourselves well makes it difficult for another to mistreat us. Simply because when we treat ourselves well, we give ourselves an insight as to how we need or want to be loved and treated. When you understand truly loving yourself always, you will not tolerate anyone treating you indifferent or badly. You will be comfortable to some degree with calling someone out if they are being inappropriate. You know it needs to be done and will contemplate a proper way to approach the issue with the other person. For me I want to stay at peace with myself, so I will try to approach the issue in the most kindly manner.

Seeing and treating ourselves as equal in a sense protects us from harm to some degree. It helps us identify a situation where equality is out of balance. It may be a matter of visibility, but then there are times it is the vibe or feeling in the air. Being tuned in like this allows us to make a choice. Do we address the inequality or do we walk away and not give it another thought?

Every situation is going to be different depending on the variables. We need to consider who is involved, as people, while we can be predictable, I see people as very unpredictable as we have the power to do what we choose to do, bad or good at any given time. I don’t walk around afraid because of this, I simply acknowledge anyone, anytime, anywhere. Let’s face it, humans are capable of some pretty Awesome things. Inventions such as the lightbulb and phone, Art, growing food, the list could go on forever. Although, on the flip side, humans can be very cruel, for instance Hitler and his followers.

Being born of the female gender, for quite a few years I was treated as not equal. I am sure there are still some that do not see me as their equal, but I don’t care or give them a second thought. Simply because the only opinion of myself that matters is what I think of myself. I truly believe what others think or say about me behind my back is really none of my business and I am okay with that. I am the only one who truly knows me, therefore, if anyone wants to know me, they need only to come to me.

Equality is not about comparing ourselves to others, because it is usually going to be comparing apples to oranges as we are all different. Equality is looking at your neighbor and realizing they are a human being like you. They have ideas, feelings and bleed red just as you do. Some of us are brilliant in one way and others in another way. We all have something to offer in one way or another and there is no one out there that knows everything about everything. Some may think they do, but that is another blog. Not just a blog, probably a series.

Getting to a place where we see ourselves as equal takes time and effort. This self love series is part of getting there. Self love will bring you to many revelations. It gives you an inner sense of security. You become so well with yourself that what others may think or say about you doesn’t matter to you. Because you are so secure in who you are that know one could possibly know you better than yourself. You feel elated often and can handle challenging situations holistically. Meaning, despite the situation, you came out feeling truly at peace in how you handled it. Self love helps you understand you have something to offer and it matters. Exercising Patience, Empathy, Acceptance and Caring of ourselves will bring us to a place of equality internally and externally. Until next time remember to Keep it Simple (KiS). Have a great week, Take care!

Comments

C is for Conquer is available for Pre-order

Where Am I?

No: Can be very uncomfortable for some

Options: Insist on knowing them….