Where Am I?


Have you ever reached a point in your life when you were wondering where to go from here? You’re faced with a situation or decision and given the circumstances you just are not sure what to do or which direction to go in. Sometimes a tragedy with bring you to this point. Been there done that…. Other times it has more to do with so many options it is hard to choose. This I find very overwhelming. Then there are those times that it seems as though things are just not panning out as you had wanted. Could this be a lack of patience?

Some people, myself included, faced with a tragedy will take it in hand and make something of it, just as we did with Kaity’s Way  after the loss of our 17 year old daughter. Honestly, I just wanted to heal and I found helping others with the lessons we learned was the best way to do that. That meant I had to expose our ignorance, set shame and embarrassment aside to serve our community. Often times, we don’t know what we don’t know until faced with a horrible situation. Then the tragedy builds and knee deep in it you cannot see the trees because you are so deep in that forest and it is dark. Once the fog lifted and we uncurled we decided Kaity”s Way was the direction to go. So here we are twelve years later, 91,000+ people served in twelve states and Canada. These may seem like small numbers relatively speaking given the population of the USA. Although, I choose to believe that for each of those 91,000 people we have come in contact with and educated that they spoke to at least one person if not 10 people about what they learned. Tangibly 91,000, but I have faith in that at least 910,000 have learned about the importance of healthy relationships through Kaity’s Way.


Options are great, and I am grateful to have choices. Although, there are times that we feel our options are limited, but sometimes we have so any options that we just don’t know what direction to go in. I am familiar with limited options. But having too many options can be so overwhelming at times. Especially when it is something you are not so familiar with. Imagine you are at a four-way intersection. The direction you choose depends on where you are headed.  Do we always know where we are headed though? Some people will just make a snap decision and hope for the best. Others will think long and hard about the correct direction to go. Maybe they enlist the opinions of others or take a poll.

I once struggled with making decisions because I doubted myself and was clueless to where I belonged. So, for me, too many options was very overwhelming and I would over think it for fear of making a bad decision. The silly thing is, there were times that I really tried to make the right decision, but it turned out to not be the right decision. When I was younger I would be disappointed and frustrated. Where I am at now, I see all decisions as lessons and I love to learn.

Now for those times that things do not seem to be panning out the way or as quickly you had anticipated. This is where I am currently. I have a lot of balls in the air right now and this is a very busy time for me. It is Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month, so we are incredibly busy at Kaity’s Way. At this point I am grateful to have gotten through the first week of the month and it was a doozy. I am also very thankful for the Interns and Volunteers who help us meet the demand for our service.

Then there is “C is for Conquer” that I am trying to turn into a best seller. I am really struggling with getting some traction. I have given out nearly 100 books for reviews, yet I have only been able to get 10 reviews. From what I have learned recently, that is pretty good. Wow, I am not sure what to think of that. Kind of sad, but it is what it is. The 10 reviews posted are awesome, but unfortunately the book stores won’t even bother with you unless you have a substantial amount of reviews posted on line. Oh and without Publishers Weekly review it feels like you are dead in the water. Not sure what books they choose to review and how they choose them, but “C is for Conquer” didn’t make the cut. Boo hoo…. Unless you are independently wealthy or can afford a PR firm, which is way beyond my means, getting a book off the ground is no easy task.

The crazy thing is I have a feeling that something of a positive nature is going to break loose soon. Not sure what exactly, but I can hardly wait. I feel as if I am being impatient, which is bringing the feeling of disappointment. I need to keep the faith and continue to believe in what I am doing and that it will all come to fruition all in good time. I just need to keep my eye on the prize, do what I can within my means, and keep praying, because that is the only control I have in this case. On that note I am going to wish you a wonderful week and when things break loose I will certainly share it. Until then, remember to Keep it Simple (KiS).


Comments

C is for Conquer is available for Pre-order

No: Can be very uncomfortable for some

Options: Insist on knowing them….